Wednesday 9 December 2015

Texturing the Door

Cottage Door Texturing

For this task we were given a Maya file that contained both a High Poly mesh of the door and also a low poly mesh of the same exact door, our task was to create a normal map from the high poly door and apply them to the low poly door.

The first thing that I did was put all of the high poly meshes into a layer and the same with the low poly meshes. this allows me to see one set of meshes while the other is hidden, just helps with knowing which mesh is which.

secondly, I created the normals for each part of the door, i did them separately because i felt like it gave a cleaner normal map than baking them all together.

Once I had created the normals for the mesh I then created a texture that would be applied to the door when I imported into the cottage scene. I went with a series of wood textures one for the door itself and one for the frame of the door. i made the frame of the door a little darker as i wanted the actual door to stand out.



No comments:

Post a Comment