Monday 11 April 2016

Week 2 - Character Designs

Character Designs

In week 2 we looked at different character concepts and how they are drawn. 
We were given a template for a character that we had to illustrate to suit a certain look. 
The template was of a character that had a staff and a bow and arrow on his back. this indicated to me that the character was some sort of ranger possibly and from this I created a swatch chart of the colours that I though the ranger would wear, these were a selection of greens, browns and reds. for the skin of the character I decided of a light brown. 

Below is an image of the swatch I created. from this swatch pallet i can quickly switch between colours when illustrating the character, this is a useful method when applying colour to any work done in a drawing application.

i used these colours to illustrate the character. I created layers above the character template and began to illustrate the character with the colours I had chosen 
I then set the layers to multiply this allows for the colours on top to bleed through to the template image giving the outlines of the character to come through and be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment