Monday 11 April 2016

Week 4 - Props

Prop Design


In the fourth week we were tasked to create a prop or a series of props for the character who we were going to be drawing, from the concept that we had chosen we had to draw a prop that was suitable for our character. 

My character concept was an 1950's New York Gangster, this was an individual that had a beige long trench coat, trilby hat and smart attire. in the 1950s mobsters and gangsters were known for using Thompson "Tommy" Machine guns to eliminate anyone who threatened them or got in their way. this seemed like a suitable prop for my character as its not only just accurate in the time scale but also that its typical for my character to have a weapon of some sort on his person. 



The sessional task that we were given was to draw out the prop that our character would have used whether this is a weapon or something of another nature. 
I began by getting an image off the internet as reference for the weapon, i then started to block out the shapes of the Tommy gun. 
I believed this to be the sort of weapon for my character to carry on his person, this could also be a symbol that my character is in power as he has a powerful weapon and would need to defend himself from someone trying to kill him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment